Janet is a patient advocate representative and currently serves as the Accord Alliance Interim Executive Director. Janet’s early medical experiences as a patient with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) left her with a unique sensitivity to and passion for the needs of patients, families, and physicians related to treating Disorders of Sex Development (DSD). She has spent the past decade educating healthcare providers, families, patients, and the general public about the negative consequences of early surgical intervention and concealed care. She was a contributor and member of the international consortium on the creation of the new DSD guidelines and recently participated in the DSD Research and Quality Improvement Symposium co-sponsored by the University of Michigan and Accord Alliance. Janet is a trustee of Continuum Health Partners in New York City and an active participant on their public relations and internet technologies committees. She is also on the Board of Overseers of Beth Israel Medical Center in New York and co-chairs the Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing. She is a past board member of the CARES Foundation. Janet holds a Bachelor of Science degree in communications and psychology from Ithaca College.
- New Article on Developing Multidisciplinary Teams
- Summary: Improving Collaboration and Communication in DSD Care Meeting in OKC
- Your Child Resources and Links
- New Support Groups Formed at LIJ/Cohen Medical Center
- Pediatric Gynecology as a Critical Component of Surgical and Non-Surgical DSD Care
- Report from the 2011 Hypospadias and Epispadias Meeting